Spotify have revealed a list of the top 20 songs by artists who users listen to in a sleep-themed playlist.
Billboard reports that Ed Sheeran is top of the pile with seven of his tracks featured in the list. His ‘Thinking Out Loud’ is the most streamed sleep-inducer with 2.8 million hits, followed by Sam Smith with ‘Stay With Me’ and Ellie Goulding’s ‘Love Me Like You Do’ from the Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack.
Spotify’s VP of Global Communications Angela Watts states that, “‘Sleep’ is one of Spotify’s most popular categories, that people also use for general relaxation and to help themselves unwind.” The full list is as follows:
1. Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
2. Stay With Me – Sam Smith
3. Love Me Like You Do (from Fifty Shades of Grey) – Ellie Goulding
4. I See Fire – Ed Sheeran
5. I’m Not the Only One – Sam Smith
6. Rain for Sleep – Rain Sounds
7. All of Me – John Legend
8. Earned It (from Fifty Shades of Grey) – The Weeknd
9. Let Her Go – Passenger
10. Skinny Love – Birdy
11. Say Something - A Great Big World, Christina Aguilera
12. FourFiveSeconds – Rihanna, Paul McCartney, Kanye West
13. The A Team – Ed Sheeran
14. Tenerife Sea – Ed Sheeran
15. Give Me Love – Ed Sheeran
16. Lay Me Down – Sam Smith
17. Fix You – Coldplay
18. Photograph – Ed Sheeran
19. Kiss Me – Ed Sheeran
20. Latch (Acoustic) – Sam Smith
Read more on the report via Billboard, here.
Get your copy of the latest issue
More like this
Say what you like about Ed - he’s divisive after all - but he pulls tonight off.
The chart dominator joins Radiohead and Foo Fighters at Worthy Farm.
Streaming giant has published its Year in Music stats.
If you went down to the woods last night, you were in for a big surprise.