While we spend most of the time banging on about what makes us tick, musically speaking, each year we hand the metaphorical mic over to you, lovely readers, to find out what’s tickled your eardrums in the most pleasing way throughout the past twelve months.
Throughout November we asked for your favourites - and here they are.
Album of the Year
1. Fontaines DC - Dogrel
2. Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost Part 2
3. Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!
4. King Nun - MASS
5. Vampire Weekend - Father of the Bride
6. Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
7. The Murder Capital - When I Have Fears
8. The Japanese House - Good At Falling
9. Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost - Part 1
10. Tyler, The Creator - IGOR
Song of the Year
1. The 1975 - People
2. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
3. Fontaines DC - Boys in the Better Land
4. The 1975 - Frail State of Mind
5. King Nun - Bug
6. Black Country, New Road - Sunglasses
7. Talk Show - Fast and Loud
8. Big Thief - Not
9. Declan McKenna - British Bombs
10. Squid - The Cleaner
Band of the Year
Breakthrough Band of the Year
Best person in (or outside of) a band
1. Greta Thunberg
2. Matty Healy
4. Yannis Philippakis
5. Joe Talbot
Best cover version
New band most likely to be amazing in 2020
Best video of 2019
Best Live Act
Prat of the Year
1. Boris Johnson
3. Alex Rice
4. Matty Healy
5. Noel Gallagher
More like this
The ode to her brother gets some moving new visuals.
The group will play O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire on 17th February.
The biggest and best tracks of the past week, rounded up and reviewed.
The latest taste of ‘Notes On A Conditional Form’ arrives with unabashed pop-rock flair.