To celebrate turning 40, 4AD have announced that they’ll be sharing a brand new compilation album, ‘Bills & Aches & Blues’, featuring 18 of their current artists covering a song of their choosing from 4AD’s past.
Released on 2nd April digitally, physically on 23rd July, the first 12 months’ profits from the record will be donated to The Harmony Project, a Los Angeles-based after-school programme for children from communities and schools that lack equitable access to studying the arts or music.
Sharing the first five songs today with Tkay Maidza, U.S. Girls, Aldous Harding, The Breeders and Maria Somerville, the artists are reworking Pixies, The Birthday Party, Deerhunter, His Name Is Alive and Air Miami respectively.
Check out the full track list below.
‘Bills & Aches & Blues’ Tracklisting:
1. Tkay Maidza - Where Is My Mind? (Pixies)
2. U.S. Girls - Junkyard (The Birthday Party)
3. Aldous Harding - Revival (Deerhunter)
4. The Breeders - The Dirt Eaters (His Name Is Alive)
5. Maria Somerville - Seabird (Air Miami)
6. Tune-Yards - Cannonball (The Breeders)
7. Spencer. - Genesis (Grimes)
8. Helado Negro - Futurism (Deerhunter)
9. Efterklang - Postal (Piano Magic)
10. Bing and Ruth - Gigantic (Pixies)
11. Future Islands - The Moon Is Blue (Colourbox)
12. Jenny Hval - Sunbathing (Lush)
13. Dry Cleaning - Oblivion (Grimes)
14. Bradford Cox - Mountain Battles (Breeders)
15. SOHN - Song To The Siren (Tim Buckley)
16. Becky and The Birds - The Wolves Act I and II (Bon Iver)
17. Ex:Re - Misery Is a Butterfly (Blonde Redhead)
18. Big Thief - Off You (The Breeders)