Announcing the news that their 50th release and first compilation album ‘Foundations’ will be arriving on 7th May, record label DEEWEE - the brainchild of Grammy-nominated artists David & Stephen Dewaele AKA Soulwax/2manydjs - are giving us the first taste of what to expect with new track ‘Bear With Me (and I’ll stand bare before you)’ from Charlotte Adigéry.
Created by the Caribbean-Belgian artist with partner Bolis Pupul in lockdown, Charlotte says, “Bolis and I are storytellers, writing observational tales about the strange world we all inhabit. This song is about being confined thus confronted to the way we live. The cruel irony of having the privilege of standing still, questioning and observing my life in all safety while others are fighting for theirs.
“Bolis and I are making a time capsule, writing songs that tell the story of life in 2020. We believe 2020 has been such a cornerstone for the 21st century.”
The first of three exclusive new works created for ‘Foundations’, check out the song and full track list below.
1. Charlotte Adigéry – Bear With Me (and I’ll stand bare before you)
2. Laima – Disco Pregnancy (Tonal + Rhythmical)
3. Each Other – Burn It Down
4. Bolis Pupul – Moon Theme
5. James Righton – Release Party
6. Die Verboten – Aquarius
7. Soulwax – Heaven Scent feat. Chloe Sevigny
8. EMS Synthi 100 – Movement 6
9. Soulwax – Conditions of a Shared Belief
10. Soulwax – Close to Paradise
11. Asa Moto – Kifesh
12. Laila – The Other Me (DEEWEEDUB)
13. Asa Moto – Wanowan Efem
14. Charlotte Adigéry – Paténipat
15. Klanken – Drie
16. Phillipi – 9000
17. Movulango – Leave
18. Laima – Home
19. Emmanuelle – Italove
20. Sworn Virgins – Take Your Lady
21. Phillipi & Rodrigo – Paciencia
22. Extra Credit – Drive Me
23. Bolis Pupul – Wéi?
24. Soulwax – Essential Eleven
25. Sworn Virgins – Fifty Dollar Bills
26. Phillipi & Rodrigo – Retrogrado
27. Future Sound Of Antwerp – Tom Cruise, Scientologist
Get your copy of the latest issue
More like this
Watch the live version now…
The track features on the new compilation album ‘Foundations’ from DEEWEE.
Drawing influence from her Belgian base and Caribbean heritage, and fusing it into a canon of playful electronic pop oddities.