Following the release of her debut solo album ‘Jamie’ back in September 2019, Brittany Howard has got some pals to offer fresh takes and remixes of the album’s 11 songs, with ‘Jamie Reimagined’ due to land on 23rd July.
Now sharing the stunning reimagining of ‘Stay High’ by Childish Gambino, the soaring new version sees Donald Glover’s soulful vocals glide effortlessly alongside strings and electronic elements.
Check it out now below.
‘Jaime Reimagined’ Tracklisting:
1. “13th Century Metal” Michael Kiwanuka Version
2. “Goat Head” EARTHGANG Version
3. “Stay High” Childish Gambino Version
4. “Presence” Little Dragon Remix
5. “Short and Sweet” Bon Iver Remix
6. “Tomorrow” BadBadNotGood Remix
7 .“Baby” Gitty Remix featuring Syd
8. “History Repeats” Georgia Anne Muldrow Geemix
9. “Georgia” J Most Remix featuring Emily King
10. “Stay High again..” Fred again.. & Joy Anonymous Version
11. “He Loves Me” 9th Wonder Remix featuring Common
12. “History Repeats” Jungle Remix
13. “Run To Me” Laura Mvula Version
See Brittany Howard live at the following dates:
31 | Chicago, IL | Thalia Hall (Official Lollapalooza Aftershow)
01 | Chicago, IL | Lollapalooza
02 | Birmingham, AL | Alabama Theater
03 | Alpharetta, GA | Ameris Bank Amphitheatre
05 | Manchester, TN | Bonnaroo
07 | Columbia, MD | Merriweather Post Pavilion
08 | Philadelphia, PA | TD Pavilion at the Mann
10 | Queens, NY | Forest Hills Stadium
11 | Queens, NY | Forest Hills Stadium
17 | Las Vegas, NV | Life Is Beautiful
18 | Los Angeles, CA | Hollywood Bowl
31 | San Francisco, CA | Outside Lands
02-05 | Riviera Cancun, Mexico | One Big Holiday
10 | Barcelona, Spain | Primavera Sound Barcelona
Records & Merch
More like this
With Alabama Shakes, Brittany Howard found success beyond anything she could have imagined. Now, on solo album ‘Jaime’, she’s seeking satisfaction in other directions.
An album which documents a fierce imagination at play.
All the biggest and best tracks of the past two weeks, rounded up and reviewed.
A celebration of funk and soul’s most oddball strains.