You might have seen, if you check us semi-regularly, an interview we carried out with Tame Impala last week where we asked them questions based on the song titles featured on their new album, ‘Innerspeaker’.
Some of the questions were a bit daft, some less so.
This week we’ve taken the concept and applied to Pull In Emergency’s self-titled, debut LP, which is out today (6th September). All the answers have come from frontgal and singer Faith Barker, who you can see second-from-left in the photo above.
Here we go, then.
1. ‘Everything Is The Same’
- People who complain that a lot of music all sounds the same these days: do they have a valid concern, or is it a load of nonsense?
Definitely nonsense - there is still a huge variety of music, and it doesn’t matter if it draws on music from previous decades because it just means that music gets re-introduced to people.
2. ‘In Silence’
- Do you ever get stuck for song ideas?
Of course, we’d be washed up and past the fourth album by now if we didn’t. Being at school does not help with increasing creativity.
- What is your footwear of choice: a) at festivals, b) on stage, c) day to day?
At Bestival in 2008 when it flooded we pioneered the white converse wrapped in plastic bags..it was a strong look. We’re all pretty relaxed with our footwear, converse are usually the shoe of choice. We recently got some free ones at 1234 festival and Faith, Dylan and Alice now embarrassingly all have the same shoes.
4. ‘15 Years’
- Where do you want to be in 15 years time?
Reunion world tour?
5. ‘Problem, The’
- You arrive at a gig and realise you’ve accidently left a band member at a service station half way up the motorway: what do you do? It’s too late to go back and get them.
Struggle on… then afterwards we’d probably have to find a new member, I dont think anyone would want to stay in a band where we didn’t notice if they were there or not.
6. ‘What You Say’
- You’re at a festival and some drunk guy starts heckling you, do you ignore it or do you say something?
I’d probably be too much of a pussy to say anything..at Underage Festival someone once threw a banana skin at me and I nearly cried, mid-set.
7. ‘Cold Hands’
- AFI and Black Lips also have songs called ‘Cold Hands’: if either invited you out on tour, would you go?
Yes. Can we set this up?
- Where’s the best place you’ve ever flown for gigs and/or promotional duties?
Unfortunately both Crewe and Colchester can be reached by vans… we haven’t done much flying. We’re just waiting for the LA tour.
9. ‘Song 11’
- If you had to include an eleventh song on your album, what would you choose and why?
The boys would probably want to do a Weezer cover - maybe ‘Tired of Sex’. Or we’d record a song we’ve written recently and put it on - get some more new stuff out there.
10. ‘Hold Still’
- You seem rather busy people, do you get much time to sit still and have a breather?
Yeah, we’re all pretty lazy really.