Raising money for Women’s Aid and Respect, photographer Jono White has created Raffle Against Domestic Violence, recruiting loads of faves to donate prizes.
“No time in recent memory has highlighted the need for the home to be a place of safety,” a statement reads. “During this covid-19 pandemic, the UK saw a 20% rise in reported domestic abuse cases, as those who shelter from the threat on the outside face danger from others on the inside. When this is over and the country returns to normality, for many, that threat still remains.
The raffle against domestic violence aims to raise some money and much needed awareness for Women’s Aid and Respect, 2 charities whose mission is to bring an end to domestic abuse. 14 bands, brands and photographers have donated prizes for the cause, many of which are one off or rare items.
Donate £5 or more to be entered into the draw. 16 winners will be chosen at random on May 31st at 6pm. UK only.”
The prizes are…
- The 1975 debut vinyl with signed art card
- Tickets for you and a friend to go to any Alt-J headline show and meet the band
- Ellie Rowsell Watercolour portrait of the winner
- A one-off A2 artwork from Orlando Weeks
- A brand new pair of the classic Dr Marten 1460 boots in your size
- One of three new pairs of Van’s classic shoes in your size
- A one-off, custom Swim Deep teeshirt designed and dawn by Austin Williams & Nell Power
- A merch bundle from The Magic Gang, including 2 of the shirts worn on the front of their debut, self titled album.
- A merch bundle from Whenyoung. Includes a tshirt, cassette, cd, tote and beret
- Bradley from Bloody Knees will write and record a tune around a subject of your choice
- A signed photo print of Clairo from photographer Charlotte Patmore
- The ‘12’ photo book from photographer Hollie Fernando featuring images from her solo show of the same name
- A box of prints from photographer Ash Kingston
- A 12x16” fine art photo print from photographer Jono White. The winner can select a photo of their choice from Jono’s website
More like this
They might not be the same happy chappies as before, but not even The Magic Gang can stay young forever.
The online event will take place on 2nd September.
Returning after their breakthrough debut with an album that sees them digging deeper and reaching wider, ‘Death of the Party’ finds The Magic Gang finding power in musical positivity.
It’s the latest track lifted from new album ‘Death Of The Party’.